Museum Day (Picture Heavy)

 Most of today was spent at the Peabody Essex Museum.  Keziah and a friend planned to go and the group kept getting bigger.  Four people in Keziah's car and two others joined us there.  At the museum we ran into another couple and one other, all that we know from the SCA.  It was a great time and that visit is counting as my day 76 of the A&S challenge.  Here are some happy highlights from the day:

  • The first thing that I fell in love with was a dress- black and gold and striking.  Nothing I would wear, even in my younger years, but something about it drew me to it.  The back was not displayed and I wish there had been a way to see it.  Even if it was plain, then at least I would know.


  • Another item that I saw was a woven piece.  After looking at it as closely as I could without touching, I found that the piece was woven sideways.  The warp threads were horizontal instead of vertical and the weft were vertical instead of horizontal.  I just thought that was kind of cool.


  • We went there specifically to see a special exhibit that ends tomorrow, Sunday, March 19, 2022--The Salem Witch Trials: Reckoning and Reclaiming.  This wasn't exactly as I expected, it was good, but I expected more fashion.  

  • There is a garden that has flowers blooming!  Snowdrops, (according to Lens) Netted Iris, and (also according to Lens) Hellebore (?) are in bloom.  This museum is a little over an hour drive south of us so I am hoping to see flowers here soon too.





  • There are many wonderful works of art and history in this museum.  I'll let the next few pictures speak for themselves.






  • Here are some other pictures from the day.  Some happy faces and fun food for dinner.



  • We got home late.  I realized that I hadn't found seven things to get rid of yet this week.  It was after midnight, but I am counting them.  I'm either donating, recycling, or throwing away the things on the table in the photo.


Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

And Tracking & The Art of Seeing: How to Read Animal Tracks and Sign, by Paul Rezendes.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah