First Full Day in Autumn

Autumn came in with a chill. The temperatures only got up to around 56 degrees today with quite a breeze. I don't want summer back, but I was cold. Here are some happy things from today:

  • My morning started with a follow-up doctor's appointment concerning my thyroid. The good news is that I don't have to go back for another year. I have reason to believe that giving up gluten may have helped reduce some inflammation and helped my thyroid look better on the ultrasound.
  • I visited a friend and we shot archery. I didn't do great, but that is what practice is for.


  • In the afternoon I hiked with some friends. We went about six miles around parts of Crotched Mt. here in NH. There were four different apps used to calculate the mileage with four different results. It is a beautiful area and will be more colorful in a few short weeks.


There is a foundation in this picture

DRAGON!!





  • In the evening I went to craft night. I have been working on the finishing touches of a latch hook that I did about 40 years ago. It has moved with me more times than I care to count but I didn’t finish binding the edges until tonight. It feels so good to have it done.  I'm so thankful that a friend inspired me to do the 100 days of A&S in the beginning of the year.  This didn't get done then, but during that time, I decided that this had to be finished.


Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

And JAVA, Adam Dodson.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah