Harper's First Night

 After some morning appointments my day was all about preparing for the SCA event, Harper's Retreat.  Keziah and I spent some time at the studio.  She had last minute sewing repairs and I got the rest of the bands we wove off the loom and ready.  Five of the eight bands will get awarded this weekend and three will be promisaries.  I think that we did well considering we started so late.  Here are a few other happy things from today:      

  • The event site has some cabins to use so we didn't need to set up tents.  Since the temperatures will be in the 40's tonight, that alone makes the cabin more comfortable.  The cabin that we are in also has a bathroom and beds.  Gideon and I are sharing the pull out couch.  
  • It has been nice to see friends.  I got to hang around with one friend for a while and catch up, that was nice.
  • There was bardic (performing arts) in the evening.  I didn't stay long but was there to watch a friend perform a song that I have heard before.  It is a fun song, if you aren't in the SCA, I'm not sure that you'll understand all the parts.  Here is a link as performed by the author of Well Actually.



Lighting the path.



Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

Currently listening to: The Will to Battle, by Ada Palmer

Thank you for being part of my happy and thankful things. Stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah