Christmas Season Has Begun

Another day of waking up before my alarm clock and going to bed later than I wanted. Hopefully that means I will get to sleep easily when I finally rest my weary head. It was a good day. Keziah and I spent some time at the studio, she is still there. My work week starts tonight so I couldn’t stay. Here are some happy things:

  • At the studio this morning I pulled out the latch hook that I didn't quite finish earlier this year. I've finally started putting on the backing. What I got done seemed to go quickly. 
The back looks good...

  • While I was sitting hand sewing the backing, Keziah was busy sewing with the serger. She talks to it. Sweet, loving talk to keep it working well. It is pleasant to listen to and makes the rumbling sound of the machine seem a little less harsh. 


  • When I sit down for lunch at home I like to watch something. Today I decided to just start going through all the corny Christmas shows that Netflix keeps suggesting. I started watching Falling For Christmas. I'll finish it after work tomorrow.
  • One of the wonderful things about homeschooling are the things that the child may not know.  Today, at age ten, Gideon is learning what a spitball is.  This is something I wish I never knew about.

Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

Currently listening to: The Raven King, by Maggie Stiefvater.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah