Beach Morning

7:45 AM


For some reason, I was surprised to see so many people at the beach this morning. I don't know why this surprised me, it is a vacation week. There weren’t a lot of people, just more than I expected. It is also beautiful and peaceful. The sounds of the waves crashing and mumbling their way in and out from the shore keeps away any noise of cars traveling by. I came to the beach to try to catch the sunrise but with cloud cover I either missed it or couldn't see it. It has been a long time since I came to the beach. I'm writing this while sitting on a cold, damp rock in North Hampton, NH. It is utterly enjoyable to just 'be' for a little while.





Water moved rocks during a recent storm.

People move rocks too.






8:31 AM


I walked about 2.4 miles back and forth along the sidewalk and on the rocks and sand. There was one person who took a quick swim and another who was on some kind of surfboard. Dog walkers, joggers and others were also out in the bright December sun. For me, it is time to head back home and pick up a second breakfast on the way.



9:36 PM


When I returned home from the beach I was able to take a nice hour-long nap. This kept me going the rest of the day. Here are some other happy things:

  • We were supposed to have a favor making get-together this afternoon but a friend wasn’t feeling well. Instead, she came to the studio, picked up the supplies to make favors and took them home to work on. I’m happy that they are getting worked on.
  • There was a craft night at the studio and I was going to do something but managed to go without a few key supplies. Before going up the two flights of stairs to get the missing things, Keziah got tired and we got ready to go home instead. I’m happy to have gone and been with a few people. Sometimes it is just getting out of my cocoon that matters.
  • Keziah and I got lunch at Subway. I like my bacon extra crispy. The person preparing was very patient and got it just the way I like it. Yay!
  • We caught up on watching the Willow series tonight.  The cliffhangers!  I look forward to watching it next week.


Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

Currently listening to: The House in the Cerulean Sea, by TJ Klune.


Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah