Christmas Eve

With care, we hung the stockings by the chimney -that no longer works- in the living room. 

Winston by the fire.


Happy Christmas Eve!  Here are some happy highlights from today:

  • What we are using as a Christmas tree this year is finally ready. Keziah had this idea and yesterday she put it together. Today it got decorated and the presents were placed nearby. She created a "tree" out of the empty boxes we've been receiving deliveries in. Unfortunately, many things came in bags instead. The "tree" is perfect for the safety of the cats.

Nanni is under the "tree".

  • Not only did I get myself a laptop with money I've been saving, I got myself a Kindle Fire tablet with my overtime money from this month. It arrived today. I don't know when I will have the time to start using my new toys.  I may have gone overboard on myself this year.


  • We watched three holiday shows this evening. The first was my favorite, Emmet Otter’s Jug-Band Christmas. Gideon saw it with new eyes this year and appreciated it more than last year. The next was A Charlie Brown Christmas. Unfortunately, the short nap I took (I worked last night) did not keep me awake for the entirety of this. We have those two on DVD, so I could watch them whenever.  Last, we watched the first episode of Dash & Lily. I think I will enjoy that series.
  • When my kids were little, I got the idea from somewhere (probably hearing of the Icelandic tradition) to give them a gift of a book on Christmas Eve that they could open.  As little kids they would calm down better for sleep when being read to and this was perfect for the night before Christmas.  Keziah still holds to this tradition.  We each opened one gift tonight and it was a Christmas/holiday book.  Gideon also got to open some pajamas for bedtime.  This year the book gifted to me was The Christmas Book Flood, by Emily Kilgore.  It is about the Icelandic tradition.  The title seems rather fitting considering the amount of Christmas books we have.



Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

Currently listening to: The House in the Cerulean Sea, by TJ Klune.

Read: The Christmas Book Flood, by Emily Kilgore.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah