Fireworks

Here are some happy things from this beautiful autumn Sunday:

  • Gideon sat by me while I was eating breakfast with a Mad Libs booklet, ready to play. How could I say no? Much giggling and laughter ensued when the character in the story had to save themself from quicksand with a 25 foot long piece of paper.
  • When I am out for a walk and crossing a street I try to nod or wave at the drivers that let me pass. Today I chose to use my earbuds and listen to the book Keziah had recommended, The Raven Boys, while I walked. I notice a car has stopped to let me by and I wave and see that they are waving me on excitedly. I didn't think much of it other than to try to move a little faster. They pull away and I notice as they drive by that it was Keziah, she stopped to pick me up and I just walked on by! She called a moment after I figured this out. The book was engrossing enough that I didn't see that it was my daughter behind the waving hands. We laughed and I thanked her again for the book recommendation.


Keziah and Zed went out tonight so Gideon and I played Minecraft with TF.  We also got to see a beautiful sunset and some fireworks. 






Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

And The Three Miss Margarets, Louise Shaffer.

Currently listening to: The Raven Boys, by Maggie Stiefvater.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah