Labyrinth

 While TF and I were on the phone going over our weekly accountability the subject of labyrinths came up.  She had learned of a few near where she lives in Texas and is planning to visit one this week.  So I did a search for some near me.  It turns out there are labyrinths all over the place.  Looking for one?  Try this website.  Now I want to build one on the property somewhere.  Somehow, I doubt I will get to it, but it would be a neat thing to have.  Other happy things from today:

  • I took Aesop, our dog, on a walk today.  We went to a conservation area in town.  There was one other set of human prints along part of the trail since the snow early last week.  We followed what might have been coyote tracks for a while though.  Tracks can be really hard to read in the snow.  There was some scat and that is part of what makes me think of a coyote.
Very little detail, just a blob in the snow.

Aesop has a much shorter stride and paw print
than the animal that made the tracks.
  • There is a small section of the woods that has a lot of birch trees.  There is something about this section that always seems to have its own little bit of charm.  One side of the trail has the birches and other deciduous trees, the other side of the trail is mostly conifers.


  • Other pretty parts of the walk included the swamp and the view from the property.  

  • Day 21 of the A&S challenge and I almost forgot to do anything.  I pulled out the latch hook and completed the last full row across before it starts closing in on the top part of the circle.  I feel like I have gone over a hump and that it will start going much faster now.



Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

And Tracking & The Art of Seeing: How to Read Animal Tracks and Sign, by Paul Rezendes.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


Comments

  1. Having a labyrinth on your property would be so neat! We've been to the labyrinth at Emmons Preserve in Kennebunkport, ME. It's set off down a trail in the woods, a short distance from the headquarters parking lot, and is a really beautiful and peaceful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! In the spring I hope to check out some local labyrinths and will keep that one in mind.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah