Not Birka


Birka memories have been all over my Facebook feed lately. This SCA event is the big one that, prior to Covid, we held at the end of every January. This event is where Keziah and I were invested and Baron and Baroness three years ago. Keziah would have attended her first Birka event as a three-month-old. This is an event that is near and dear to my heart. We made the decision early last fall to cancel the event. I am so very happy that we made the choice early on partially because it would have been canceled last minute anyway. However, the amount of preparation stress I did not endure because we made this choice early is immeasurable. Other things I am happy for today:

  • Our dog Aesop is home from being boarded over the weekend. Other than the cats, everyone is glad he is home.
Not the best Aesop picture,
but the only one today.

  • While walking Aesop in the backyard this afternoon I found some tracks that I think are a mouse. The imprint in the snow is pretty much the entire animal, except maybe the head.



  • Some time was spent at the studio today. My time there was limited so I felt a little undirected. I worked on braiding for the rug, did some embroidery, and I pulled to make more fringe on the bag I’ve been putting together.  The braiding for the rug is what I timed to be sure I worked on it for at least fifteen minutes for the A&S challenge.


Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

Currently listening to: Too Like the Lightning by Ada Palmer

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah