The Pictures Are Not Quite as Heavy as the Snow

 There was a snow storm this morning.  I had an appointment that I couldn't cancel and Zed was gracious enough to drive me to.  We got up early, shoveled, took our time, and made it to the appointment on time.  The drive home was fine for us too.  Zed is a very good driver.  Actually, it makes me nervous to drive with him when the weather is good, but I am comforted when he is driving in the snow.  I don't claim to be rational.  Getting back into the driveway was harder than getting out.  My hands were full with breakfast things when I got home so we didn't shovel right away upon return.  About 20 minutes later I went out and started to shovel again.  At that point the rain had started.  It was so very heavy compared to the early morning shoveling.  I did the walkway and left the rest to the plow person and Zed to finish up.  The happy thing here is that we were careful and had no incidents in this morning's storm.  

Some pictures from the passenger side.



Other happy things from today:

  • The storm moved by, the sun said hello, and the world is beautiful.


  • Aesop.


    Aesop.


    ⬆ There is a woodpecker and a nuthatch in this picture. ⬆

  • There were some tracks in the snow.  Most of them were covered or faded with the rain and sun.  There were some that were a bit more fresh, most likely a squirrel or chipmunk.  

  • For day 15 of the A&S challenge I had planned on working on the weaving that I have been sewing up.  I decided that it needs some bias tape or something to help with the hem and couldn't find any.  Instead I worked on the latch hook.  I made it to day 15!


Currently reading:  Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

And Tracking & The Art of Seeing: How to Read Animal Tracks and Sign, by Paul Rezendes.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah