Today's Color is Purple

 As I sit, alone, in the studio I am again filled with gratitude and happiness at having this space to use.  I say alone, but there are others, friends and probably people I have yet to meet, in the building as well.  Today Keziah stayed home though.  I have worked on the braiding for what will someday be a braided rug and I have spent some time meditating.  The chair that I tend to use I keep moving slightly to chase the sun.  All seems right in my little corner of the room. 

Other, or more detail of, happy things for today:

  • Before going shopping today and picking up a pair of earbuds, I searched my room more for the ones I lost and found them.  Yay!  Listening to music at the studio with them is polite.  Dancing around the studio to music only I can hear is fun.
  • The yoga mat was placed in a sun beam before I practiced meditating.  
  • With my back on the yoga mat I looked up to the ceiling to see that someone had drawn some smiling faces.
Ceiling grafiti


  • I dyed the ends of my hair purple today with a color depositing shampoo.  I've been wanting to try this again for a while and Keziah picked me up a purple shampoo to try.  I did only the ends as a test run.  I'm allergy testing the shampoo/dye on my wrist to see about using it on the rest of my hair.  So far, I like the color.
Until this picture, I hadn't realized how
white my hair has become.
The ends are purple, maybe it'll all be purple soon.

A fun picture of the purple ends.

  • There was a beautiful sky today; bright, blue, and mostly sunny.


  • It is day 22 of the A&S challenge and I worked on braiding for the someday braided rug.  I wish I could say that I am getting better at it, but I am doing it, and that is huge.



Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

And Tracking & The Art of Seeing: How to Read Animal Tracks and Sign, by Paul Rezendes.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah