Weaving Wednesday

 It is the day I managed to dub Weaving Wednesday as part of the 100 day challenge.  I pulled out the loom I have been working on and was reminded that I broke a warp thread last week.  My attempt at fixing this problem managed to completely mess up the tension to a point that I didn't want to deal with today.  It was still Weaving Wednesday so I pulled out another loom.  This one I couldn't find the pattern for so I made a new one.  It took me quite a while to find where I was on the weaving itself.  Eventually I was able to get one of the repeating patterns complete. 



 Yay!  I also wrote notes so that I should be able to work on this again without as much trouble.  Other happy things for today:

  • Work was good.  I was across from someone that gave me lots of pointers on using the radios and what the people up the chain want.  Someone else did an audit on me and we ended up talking about different things I could be learning and steps to take.  Then he sent emails to help me make some of those steps.
  • While searching parts of my room in hopes of finding the weaving pattern I found the box with my other winter jackets.  I still have too many boxes, but I thought the box was on the other side of the room so I hadn't even checked this one.  Finding the jacket with the hood will make shoveling snow this weekend so much nicer.  
  • There are different kinds of looms and weaving, I mostly do tablet weaving.  I'm most comfortable doing this with my feet up.  Since there was a dog on the couch next to me I found a hassock to put my feet on.  This one is dear to my heart because my mother crafted it.  I believe she used an old wooden sugar container?  She finished it and made the cushion for the top.  The cushion has seen better days and I may end up replacing that.  It is something that I don't expect to downsize from my life.


 
Currently reading:  Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

And Tracking & The Art of Seeing: How to Read Animal Tracks and Sign, by Paul Rezendes.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah