Quiet Day

 It was a quiet week while the rest of the family were on vacation.  It was a fairly quiet day today while the rest of the family recovered from the jet lag.  It was quiet until they commented on how quiet it was.  That is when I started yelling, "What?  You want it loud?  I can be loud!  Loud!! Loud!! Loud!! Loud!! Loud!! Loud!! Loud!! Loud!! Loud!! Loud!!  Is that better?!!"  I even stomped my feet for emphasis. 😂  It is good that they are home.  Other happy things for today:

  • My phone and Facebook memories remind me that two years ago I was with Bel and Folke in Texas where we visited Big Bend and then New Mexico where we went to Carlsbad Caverns.  I miss them.  I'm thankful for the memories and the happiness I had that vacation week.  
  • Things in the greenhouse seem to be going well.  I rearranged the plants by which ones seem to be growing and which ones don't.  There is now a shelf and a half of each, good and not so good.  This will make it easier for me to reassess the plants in the coming weeks.  Ideally, I will get another greenhouse set up and get more plants growing that way.  


  • The world outside today was white, bright, and shiny!  Fresh snow can be so lovely.  

  • For day 55 of the A&S challenge I again did some weaving.  I seem to be having problems with my tension and I am working at making that better.


Currently reading:  Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

And Tracking & The Art of Seeing: How to Read Animal Tracks and Sign, by Paul Rezendes.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah