Everyone is OK

 What a day!  I worked a full shift which means I got out of work around 11:50 this morning.  For some reason I was very tired today.  I hoped to get to sleep early, but I also knew that we were expecting company.  Words are sometimes hard, so here is a list of happy things for today:

  • My cousin's daughter (my 'niece') flew in from Idaho and came for a short visit.  It had been at least five years since we had seen her and seeing her today was wonderful.  My niece, Keziah and I went out for a late lunch.  We were going to go out for ice cream but then...
  • When we got home Gideon was in a panic, Aesop, our dog, was gone.  While Gideon was in the bathroom the back door had been blown open by the wind.  We all went on a search for Aesop.  My niece helped for a little while but then had to leave.  Soon after she left, Zed and Gideon found Aesop playing in the backyard of a pair of poodles.  The owner of the poodles said that Aesop had been there for about an hour playing and he couldn't get close enough to Aesop to read the tags.  The poodle house is a little less than half a mile away, down a very busy street, and Aesop would have had to cross a street to get there.  We are all very thankful that he is fine.


  • Before my niece got here, I embroidered.  Day 86 of the A&S challenge is done.

Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

And Tracking & The Art of Seeing: How to Read Animal Tracks and Sign, by Paul Rezendes.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah