Not My Taxes

Taking our dog, Aesop, out in the morning can be very peaceful. We just wander around the yard a little and I look around for prints in the dirt and notice how tall the trees are.




Other happy things for today:

  • More crocuses have pushed themselves through the soil and mulch to open up to the sun.

  • After looking at the various crocuses and beginnings of tulip leaves breaking through I turned and got the mail. There was a small package for me containing my booklet to keep track of mileage walked during the month of April. This challenge is to encourage people to get out and walk, possibly in medieval garb, as much as possible.  
  • The afternoon and evening was spent helping my friend do her taxes. We snuck a walk in as a break and followed it up with pizza and pleasant conversation for dinner.
  • Her cat, Heather, had taken over the loveseat.


  • I stayed late. On the drive home I pulled over for a quick nap. Sitting at the rest area in my car I pulled out my embroidery so I could honestly say I worked on the A&S challenge before midnight. Day 84 is done!



Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

And Tracking & The Art of Seeing: How to Read Animal Tracks and Sign, by Paul Rezendes.

Currently listening to: Seven Surrenders, by Ada Palmer

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah