Tournament

Walking outside to go to the mailbox this afternoon I pleasantly inhaled the smell of rain. It hadn't started yet but the fragrance and the pressure change between the inside world and outside world were grounding for me. It was energizing and calming somehow at the same time.  Other happy things:

  • Naps. Working overnight and then wanting to do things in the evening when I can, makes having naps important.  I'm happier when I have had some sleep.
  • There was a small SCA tournament tonight hosted by a local SCA knight. It was fun to watch. As Baroness I keep trying to find ways to be more involved with the fighting without actually fighting.  Right now that mostly means being a presence in the community.


  • For day 88 of the A&S challenge I was looking for something different to embroider and Keziah handed me a pin to use as a model.  I've pulled out parts to redo a few times and I still don't have it right. 



Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

And The Middle Ages: A Graphic History, by Eleanor Janega and Neil Max Emmanuel.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah