Broken, Not Broken

Yesterday the car broke down, Bel and Folke fixed it, but not enough and it was up to TF and I to take the next step in fixing it this morning. Things were going well. There were four parts, one for each cylinder, that we needed to replace. TF and I worked well together and things went well… until we were on the last part, screwing it in the last bolt I had it just about tight enough when the bolt broke. Thankfully, we were able to find bolts at the local automotive store and now the car works a huge amount better. 




Other happy things from today:

  • When the bolt broke in half we were officially without a car. The auto place wasn’t far and we started to walk. Thankfully, one of TF’s neighbors picked us up along the way and this shortened the time it took to get the job done.
  • It felt so good when the car was done and it ran well.
  • We visited Bel and Folke again to help them work on the bus. One of the goals was to get the mattress on the bus and we did! The bus hadn’t been started in a while and that happened too.





  • There was a herd of deer to watch as we ate dinner on the deck at my ex-husband’s house. I’m not sure if this is good or not, but sometimes I am happy that my marriage is over. He and I did not have the same goals.

  • Instead of flowers today, I kept noticing rocks. 






Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

Currently listening to: Seven Surrenders, by Ada Palmer

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah