A Road Changed

Sometimes, by chance, a person stumbles along and finds something beautiful. Sometimes a person seeks for something beautiful. Today I did both. In my quest for 10,000 steps a day I randomly chose to walk some of the rail trail near Derry, NH. I've been on it before and so expected some flowers and maybe some wildlife. These things I found and are some of my happy things for today.



What I didn't expect to find was a mural about the history of flight and the Space Race. It was wonderful to notice, though I couldn't take the time to look over the entire thing with as much attention as I would have liked.


 
The other thing I stumbled upon was a small section that has been painted with Robert Frost's poem, "The Road Not Taken". It included artwork that is still in process. 



This was not where I had planned to walk today; it was a sudden decision that I am glad I made. The walk including some things that were naturally beautiful and some that were purposely placed there for our appreciation helped me feel inspired.

The poles at the road intersections were painted
to look like white birch trees.

This lovely thing is a bike repair station.
It is at the end of the trail near the center of town.
If I ever win the lottery...


Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

Currently listening to: Seven Surrenders, by Ada Palmer

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah