Bardic by the Fire

Somedays the good things are not part of the plan.  This morning Keziah and I weren't planning to go to the storage unit, but we did. We decided that it would make more sense to drive to return the thrones to the storage unit rather than unpack and repacking them for later.  We didn’t want to do it,  but it felt good to have it done.  Here are some other happy things from today:

--This morning I weeded in the triangle part of the driiveway and identified a new plant. Hare's-foot  clover is a plant I have often seen but not identified.


 I haven't decided if this is a plant I am going to keep in the garden or not. It has some good points, like being a nitrogen fixer.  If I don't let it completely take over the other plants it could work where it is. Still, I'm  happy to have identified this plant with a fun name!
--Part of today's plan was to be Keziah's designated driver to Bardic circle tonight. For this to happen I had to take a nap. I know I've said this before but Naps Are Good.  That hour and a half nap made it much safer for me to drive late tonight.
--The bardic circle was  a lot of fun! Everyone was given an opportunity to perform or not - I chose not to tonight. It was wonderful to see people step out of their comfort zone and perform when they had not before, as well as watching the seasoned performers continue to be amazing.  There were five new-to-the-SCA people around the fire along with those of us who have played in the SCA for over 30 years and times in between.  From what I could tell, everyone had a good time.


                                 ☮️

Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, by Joan Borysenko.

Currently listening to:  The Will to Battle, by Ada Palmer.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah