Happy Monday!

On Mondays I plan to get up early so I can get to sleep early to work Tuesday. I start work at 1:20 AM so that is really early. Since the weekend was busy I let myself sleep in today and now I am hoping to be tired enough to sleep soon. I lead an odd schedule. Here are some happy things from today:

  • Monday is my day to shop for food for the week. Since I went gluten-free there are some foods that I miss and try to replace with a different option. One of those foods is pretzels. I found a brand but it hasn't been in the stores for weeks. I found it today and snackage may occur again! Unfortunately, there was only one bag left, but hope for more is restored.


  • I tackled the grass in the front yard today. I don't like the hill there, it is hard for me to have good control of the mower because of the steepness. Instead of mowing the hill, I just went up it using the weedwacker. It isn't as pretty, but it went much better and I am pleased with the results.
  • Last year groundhogs ate my garden. This year I didn't get the garden in. 😕 Seeing a groundhog in the back yard within ten feet of the door was a little surprising. Aesop seemed to miss seeing it however, so no barking. Despite not being particularly fond of having groundhogs in the garden, it was fun to notice it. Also, it was eating weeds!

  • There were bees on the milkweed.  This is another reason to keep some of the milkweed around.


Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

And Live Your Bucket List, by Julia Goodfellow-Smith.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah