It's Thursday!

Leaving for work I noticed something that I haven't seen since last year, a firefly. There was just one, in the grass by the lilacs. It seemed to just be sitting there, blinking off and on. Here are some other happy things from today:

  • We made a stir fry with rice for dinner. Zed made a bowl by putting the rice in while Gideon served himself from the stir fry first. Comments were made about how rice is usually put on the bottom with the stir fry on top and that Gideon was doing it backwards, and that is okay. Gideon responded with, "It's like a treasure hunt for the stir fry!"
  • The occasional work I have been doing for the roses seems to be paying off. Last year I tried to kill off some insect that was eating the leaves and I tried to prune them this spring. The rose bushes are looking nice this year. So many buds and blooms. Perhaps I did something right.


  • My weekend is here!



Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

Currently listening to: Seven Surrenders, by Ada Palmer

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah