Palio End

Concerning the event, today was a pack up and leave day.  Friday, the weather was toasty, the rest of the weekend the temperature stayed below 60 degrees and the wind took down a few tents.  Thankfully, as far as I know, all the people who had a tent blow over are fine.  Other happy things from today:

-It took quite a while, but eventually I warmed up.  There was a lot of fun over the weekend, but I was almost always at least a little chilled.  Once I warmed up, I fell asleep and had a short, warm, nap.  Next weekend will be a scorcher and the chill from these few days a distant memory. 
-Zed had gone home last night because the CPAP battery didn't last.  Aesop went with him.  He had been having fun playing with other dogs and with people but when it got dark last night he started getting anxious.  Zed left Aesop home and came back to the event today, helped pack up, and did the majority of the unpacking while the rest of us started recuperating.   Zed was today's Rockstar! 
-My favorite clover is the red clover.  We have a plethora of white clover, but not as much red.  The red clover petals have a sweeter flavor, if I remember, than the white.  I have a memory of my dad telling me to eat it, I didn't want to believe him-- that a person could eat a flower.  He had to eat some first before I would try.  I'm sure I was under six years old.  I miss my dad and think of him often when I see red clover.


-Today is Father's Day, Juneteenth (which will be celebrated tomorrow if your company gives you the day off) and Zed and Keziah’s wedding anniversary.   We are having low maintenance frozen dinners to celebrate. 

☮️

 Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles, by Joan Borysenko. 

And Live Your Bucket List, by Julia Goodfellow Smith. 

Thank you for being part of my happy things.  Stay safe. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah