Thankful It Is Wednesday

Wednesday is my day to be thankful.
  • Earlier this week there was a very minor problem with the car I drive the most. It was a sound that could have been anything but it turned out that just a new screw could fix it. Today I am thankful for a working vehicle that does what it needs to do. It is something that gets taken for granted until something happens and suddenly you're stuck.
  • A few times a week my friend from Texas, TF, and I talk on the phone and go over our plans for the week with each other. These are our accountability meetings. When there are things we struggle with we try to talk through it and try to come at things from a different angle or perspective. I am thankful for the friendship and for trying to keep each other accountable.
  • It turns out that I like zoning out with the television on when I eat after work. I haven't always, but lately it has been nice to turn on some media outlets and find things to watch. Currently that is the series Merlin on Netflix. It has action, adventure, and magic. It even has a dragon! I'm thankful for the modern technology that allows entertainment to stream into a home.
In the Chinese Zodiac, I was born in the year of the dragon.



Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

Currently listening to: The Will to Battle, by Ada Palmer

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah