Wednesday Gratitude Day

This blog is about things that I am happy for.  What is unspoken (unwritten) is that I am thankful for everything that has brought me happiness each day.  After working ten hours it is sometimes hard for me to come up with things that made me happy and I generally look for things to include here.  The more tired I am, the harder it becomes.  I could have had a marvelous day but be too tired to remember the details.  All that said, I am going to change this up a bit on Wednesdays and concentrate on things that I am thankful for.  This may or may not last, but here goes.

  • Today I am thankful that Aesop, our dog, is feeling better.  He has had some intestinal problems this week but he is doing better today.  
  • Thankfully I have a job.  I may not be in love with my job, but I have one.  It has good benefits and it pays enough.  The job keeps me very physically active and it is one of the reasons I haven't looked elsewhere.  
  • So, I have some odd likes.  One of these is that even though I like having the yard mowed, I also like certain weeds.  It was an internal struggle for me when I mowed down a bunch of blooming clover last week.  It was such a struggle that I mowed around some the next area that I mowed.  One of the weeds I like is milkweed.  It is a plant that attracts Monarch butterflies.  I have yet to see any butterflies or caterpillars on the milkweed this year.  The plants are sticking around for now though, just in case.  If there are no obvious Monarch signs in the fall, I may move them or just cut them down.  I am thankful that my daughter, Keziah, and her family put up with this odd like of mine and have left the milkweed alone when they took a turn at mowing.  


Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

Currently listening to: Seven Surrenders, by Ada Palmer

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah