Goodbye Pennsic

It was pack up and go day at Pennsic.  Almost everyone is gone by Saturday; only a few people stay until Sunday.  It took most of the day to pack up all the things.  The one thing that I spent a bunch of time on was getting the shower pieces clean and dry.  I'm so happy that the day was dry for packing.  Other happy things from today:
--Once the sun hit the chairs this morning and things started drying out a thin, lovely mist rose from them.  The picture doesn't do it justice.

--Packing up is hard physically and emotionally.  In all honesty, I usually have a meltdown at some point during the process.   I think I only got really frustrated once and it was short lived.  No meltdown! That made the day much better than in some previous years.
--Packing up went well because there were some great people who helped get the job done.  And while I concentrated on packing up the Baronial part of the encampment, Zed concentrated on our personal things.   Camping for two weeks with medieval clothes and things is a lot.

--We are staying in a hotel tonight a few hours from site.  Home is still an eight hour drive away-not including stops. Soft bed is comfy.  Water comes out of the faucet--cold AND hot.  It also comes out clear, not orange like at Pennsic.  I should probably add that we have hot water for the shower,  but not the sink at camp.

☮️

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah