Lazy Saturday

After I had mowed some of the lawn, done some dishes, and started some of the more intensive unpacking task, Gideon said he wanted to have a lazy Saturday.  Sometimes the young ones have the best ideas. I was hoping for a little Geocaching with him but he wanted the lazy day.  Instead, he played games or watched videos on his phone and I did dishes, unpacked, and had some lazy time while Keziah and Zed went out.  There is something to be said for lazy days, especially when it is hot out.  Other happy things from today:
-- The mowing happened in the late morning.  After I came in, hot and sweaty, I went up to Keziah's room to talk with her.  Opening her door and stepping into her air conditioned room was refreshing.  It felt so good I forgot what I wanted to talk with her about. 
-- My lazy activities today were reading, watching some Netflix, and taking a nap. 
-- We made rootbeer floats for dessert.  
-- Gideon wasn't interested in doing a Geocache but I convinced Zed to try for it, in the dark, after dinner.  There is one within walking distance and he found it!  I really want to do these more often. 
--We took Aesop, our dog, with us and he spotted something in the parking lot that he stopped to smell.  It surprised us all when it started hopping away!  It was a frog or toad, too dark for me to tell.

☮️

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah