Goose

 Happy Michaelmas!  Every year a friend of ours makes a point to have goose on Michaelmas (for prosperity) and so I have.  This year it was a little bit of a goose pate (forgive my inability to add the appropriate accents).  It doesn't seem to matter how it is prepared, having had goose for the last few years I still don't care for it. It makes my friend happy though, and that makes me happy.  Other happy things from today:

  • We went to the studio.  Keziah and Gideon went and did things with ceramics and I tried to do things with weaving.  Perhaps I was too tired, because I wasn't able to accomplish much.  Instead I took a nice nap.
  • It can be a sign of stress for a tree when just one branch turns color before the rest of the tree.  I still find the way it looks when that happens to be rather striking.
  • As the sun was setting there was a thin layer of clouds on the horizon that started to turn pink.  There was also a sliver of a moon that I wish I could have captured in a picture.  I got the sunset a little later, but it wasn't the same.

  • A friend of mine really likes penguins.  She has this cool windcatcher in her yard.



Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.


And JAVA, Adam Dodson.


Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah