Harper's Last Day

The event has ended and I am happy to be home. Here are some of the happy highlights from today:

  • This morning we started with the Heavy List Champions. There were six fighters who all fought well. Keziah gets the winner as her champion but I choose from the rest. It is never easy. I decided to go with who was having the most fun out there and asked each fighter who they had the most fun fighting. It was the same person so the choice became easy.



 
  • The other championship today was for Thrown Weapons. Again, there was a lot of talent on the range. The winner is the one champion for this competition. The end was close and suspenseful which always helps to make it more fun.


  • I have a friend that has stayed home more than not during the pandemic. I've seen her a few times but it was quite the surprise when she showed up at the event today. She retained for Keziah and myself and we got to visit. It was so nice to see her.
  • Keziah got a migraine. She toughed it out until after court then rested. Part of the result of this was that I spoke much more during court than I usually do. I think it went well.


  • After court I helped pack up and clean up the site. There were a few people that went out to dinner after. We ended up being the only customers in the restaurant. That was good because ten people can be loud. That time after an event with people is a nice way to get to know them better.

Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

Finished listening to: The Will to Battle, by Ada Palmer

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah