Riding the Wave

When I consider the training course that I am trying to get into, I feel excited. Then starts the anxiety where I think of all the ways that I am lacking. One of the things I started doing today is to take an online free typing tutor to help me increase the speed at which I type. When I have taken free online tests for speed I only type around 32-35 words per minute (WPM).  According to the internet, 40-45 WPM is the average but 65 WPM and higher is where to aim for a job with typing.  I’m hoping that the typing tutor that I am using will help to increase my speed and accuracy. I’m happy that I thought about doing this. The big question is whether I will remember to practice daily when I can. Generally when I decide to do something daily, I’ve been pretty good at it. Other happy things from today:
  • Keziah made a delicious baked French toast that I had when I got home from work.
  • The possibility that I might be getting this training has inspired me to get other things done. Things that I have been avoiding, like organizing my room, I want to do now. Going through boxes is still overwhelming so I am starting small, but I want to do it. I’m going to ride this wave as long as I can.
  • Hugs from my grandson, Gideon.
  • I stepped out to look for something to take a picture of. I found a flower that I am currently unable to identify, mostly because the flower is in a faded state I think. It is still pretty though!



Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

And JAVA, Adam Dodson.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah