Baronial Birthday

We had an SCA event today to celebrate the Barony being 35. I think I did better with people than the last event, but I still need to work on it. We also chose our new Arts and Sciences Champion. It is always a difficult choice, but there can be only one. There were three entrants, so at least the options weren't overwhelming. There were also three judges, so at least I didn't need to have to make the decision on my own.

These don't look like much in the picture.
They are lovely beaded headdresses made to 
resemble 15th century (I think) Italian.

Tablet weaving.

Embroidery.

In case you are curious, the tablet woven person is the new A&S Champion.

Other happy things from today:

  • There is a guild, the Dabbler's Guild, within our Barony that had a lovely hands-on display. People could try a few different types of crafts including weaving, sprang, and kumihimo.

  • The event was small but space was made for the fighters. I got to watch them for a few minutes. It is a sport I will never do, but they all enjoy so much it makes it fun to watch.

  • What is a birthday without cake? A delicious spice cake with cream cheese frosting in the shape of a sheep was today's dessert. There was a wonderful day board (food served buffet style when wanted, not as a feast) that had me full, but I made room for the cake!

Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

And The Three Miss Margarets, Louise Shaffer.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah