Ceramics Day

Waking up early today didn't mean I was early for anything else, especially my bedtime. I did get some things accomplished and that was good. Here are some happy things from today:

  • Before the end of the open enrollment period at work I remembered to look into my options. I'm still happy with my choice.
  • In ceramics class I made a bowl!  More importantly, I was supposed to make a bowl.  This makes a total of four pieces so far. I trimmed two others today, one that I added a handle to. The first piece I made was bisque fired. It is so light weight and fragile feeling!
Not the best cylinder.  Piece number three.

A bowl, piece number four.

A mug, I put the handle on and it is setting. 
Piece number two.

Piece number one after the first firing.
It should be a cylinder.

  • Almost every day that isn't a work day I consider letting my step goal streak go. Despite the streak, that is over two years, on non-work days I generally struggle to make the time to get in the steps. Going for a walk isn't a routine for me. Too often I pace the house. Today is one of those days. I took a walk before class that just wasn't long enough. I paced though and got my 10,000 steps in!





Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

Currently listening to: The Raven Boys, by Maggie Stiefvater.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah