Ceramics Day

For the last few days Gideon has been so excited. They are going to Texas tomorrow and he is looking forward to the trip and seeing his grandfather. They haven't seen each other since before Covid hit. I've been to Texas three times and seen him since the last time they went. It is great to see my grandson so happy.  Not that he isn't a happy child, he is, but he has been over the top!  Other happy things for me today:
  • I walked some of the way to ceramics class. Keziah picked me up so we would be on time. There is a small river I cross over that I stopped to take a picture of. The colors are pretty there. I like the textures that can be seen below the water.

  • In ceramics class we learned how to trim the bowls we made last week. Mine was thick so I took a bunch off. It is less thick now, and I like the look of it.
Upside-down bowl.
  • Two of my pieces have been bisque fired so far. Next week we go over glazing techniques.


  • The sycamore tree near the studio has lost most of its leaves. It is still big and beautiful.



Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

Currently listening to: The Raven Boys, by Maggie Stiefvater.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah