Milkweed

Yesterday I forgot a very important thing that I was happy about. Two of my champions showed up just to represent during court. I was thrilled. My exhaustion from the day left me with a poor memory. Some happy things from today:

  • There is a line from Simon & Garfunkel’s song "The Dangling Conversation", “And we note our place with book markers/That measure what we've lost”. As I came closer to finishing two different works of fiction these lines kept crossing my mind. There are points in storytelling that have an anticipatory excitement. It could be a "Whodunnit?" type anticipation or something else, but with good writing, it is there. As books reveal that information, excitement can dwindle and the book soon ends. I'm not sure if that is what Paul Simon meant by those lyrics, maybe he meant time, but I’m looking at it as the loss of that anticipatory excitement. I finished reading The Three Miss Margarets by Louise Shaffer today. It was a good story, but not a page turner for me.
  • I had a nice walk into the city. There are less leaves on the trees by the river. I noticed the reflection of the highway much more than before.  There is still some color on some trees though.


  • The milkweed has popped!


Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

And finished reading: The Three Miss Margarets, Louise Shaffer.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah