Milkweed Memory

The first snowfall is expected late tonight, just in time for me to go to work. It is supposed to turn into rain before the precipitation is over. I’m not ready. I’m going to do my best to enjoy what I can of this winter, but it will be hard this year. Some happy things from today:

  • Overhearing Gideon, my grandson, practice German I was reminded to practice Spanish.  It is day 1420 on DuoLingo for me!
  • Last week I put an application in for a different position at the company where I work. One of the managers came up to me and told me that the application looked good and she seemed excited for me to have applied. It was thoughtful and kind for her to have done this, I appreciate it.
  • I have the faintest of memories that crept in about milkweed. I think I remember spray painting the empty pods gold with my mom and making Christmas decorations out of them?


Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

Finished listening to: The Dream Thieves, by Maggie Stiefvater.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah