Thanksgiving Day

Happy Thanksgiving!! It was a work day (night?) for me. Because of the holiday, I only had to work until 8:45 this morning instead of 11:50. For some reason, I don't have to work the extra day of Friday this week.  They changed my schedule.  Other things that I am happy for today are:

  • They served us breakfast burritos at work today. Every so often they bring in some outside food for the employees. Being a picky eater, I don't always choose to partake. Today I did and chose an egg, cheese, and potato burrito. It was pretty good. 
  • Hearing from family and friends is always a happy occurrence.  I'm happy to say that my youngest is doing fine today, we texted.  My oldest is also fine, we had a quick call when I couldn't find the cinnamon.
  • In the afternoon, after a short nap, I visited my friend, Amy and her son for a Thanksgiving meal- vegan style. I don't care for mushrooms, so I skipped the turkey substitute, the rest was delicious. I like the vegan green bean casserole they made better than the original partly because of the lack of mushrooms but also because they cut up onions for it. 
  • Zed, Gideon, Keziah, and I all made parts of a vegan apple pie. It too is delicious.  It also crumbled to pieces--which doesn't change the flavor.  It isn't quite my Aunt Helen's pie or my cousin Isabelle's.  Still, yum.


  • Even the cats got special food today. They enjoyed some canned food instead of the usual dry food.



Currently reading: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

Currently listening to: Blue Lily, Lily Blue, by Maggie Stiefvater.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

Comments

  1. We were reminiscing about Isabelle and other "holidays at The Farm" memories yesterday ourselves. Good family and good food. ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Deer, Deer...

Placebo Effect? -kinda long

Happy Hanukkah